Compilation Helper

From: Daniel 'NebuchadnezzaR' Dehennin
Subject: Compilation Helper
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:37:14 +0100

Hello,

Following the great DVC development, I made some adaptations to the
dgnushack.el, for now it's called package-maint.el, if you have a
better ideas for the name, thanks to submit... ;-)

The goal is to make it more general, it can group some common tricks
for GNU Emacs vs. XEmacs and specificities about versions.

A package maintainer must provide a package-specific helper wich
require package-maint.el and set the package-maint-pkg variable which
is the actual package name, it's used for autoloads.

Taking DVC as an example, we have in the Makefile:
FLAGS = -batch -q -no-site-file -no-init-file -l $(srcdir)/dvc-build.el

EMACS_COMP = lispdir=$(lispdir) srcdir=$(srcdir) $(EMACS_PROG) $(FLAGS)

all: clean dvc-load.el
        $(EMACS_COMP) -f package-maint-compile

dvc-load.el:
        $(EMACS_COMP) -f package-maint-make-cus-load $(srcdir)
        $(EMACS_COMP) -f package-maint-make-auto-load $(srcdir)
        $(EMACS_COMP) -f package-maint-make-load

dvc-build.el do package specific stuffs like adding or removing .el
files, depending of the presence or not of a library.

I submit this to Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen, he suggest me to post this
to Emacs and XEmacs mailing lists.

So now, I'm waiting your comments/ideas/what you want.

Attached are the dvc-build.el and package-maint.el.

Regards.
--
Daniel 'NebuchadnezzaR' Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG: