Re: Buffer local overlay variables?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Buffer local overlay variables?
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:44:48 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

I am trying to use buffer local overlays. I set these when the buffer
is narrowed. However when the buffer is widened again they are
nil. With a non-local variable everything works as I expect.

Can you provide a self-contained example, so we can debug it?
Oh, no, not once again. Sorry, my fault. I forgot that changing major mode calls kill-all-local-variables. I added this

  (put 'html-inlined-overlay 'permanent-local t)

This makes the variable survive kill-all-local-variables.

Thanks for your kindness.