Re: W32 version crashes on C-g

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: W32 version crashes on C-g
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:23:02 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm)
> Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:49:09 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Would someone like to work on a simple, step-by-step
> guide for building this

I now added to nt/INSTALL a short section with concise instructions
for the impatient.  I don't think it would have solved your problems,
since what I added still assumes a working development environment,
which you didn't have.  But perhaps it will be useful for others.
Please take a look and give any critique you have.

> using ONE tool-kit (e.g. MinGW), tell _exactly_ where to find the
> right versions of those tools, libaries, etc. it would be nice.

I don't think we can single out only one toolkit.  We cannot dictate
people what compiler and development tools to use, as they might have
goals other than just building Emacs.

Lennart's site (cited in nt/INSTALL) has detailed instructions on
where to find auxiliary tools and libraries that are not part of the
development environment (i.e. compiler, linker, etc.).

If people who routinely build Emacs would list here where they get the
basic and auxiliary tools and libraries, I might find time to add a
list to nt/INSTALL that would summarize everybody's experience and
suggestions.