Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:29:50 -0500

    > Regarding the proposal for recursive minibuffer commands to
    > quit the outer minibuffer:

    Uh, don't they do that already by default?

Not when you're in the minibuffer.  Then they just signal an error,
and the existing minibuffer level remains active.

    In pretty much every editor I know, things like "file entry" and stuff
    happens essentially in "transient windows", and you can't leave such a
    window before completing things.

We're not talking about such a complex case now.  We're talking about
typing C-x b while you are in C-x C-f.