Re: Small patch to enable use of gpg-agent with pgg

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: Small patch to enable use of gpg-agent with pgg
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:45:50 +1100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> Daniel Pittman <address@hidden> writes:
>> Is it not possible to enable gpg to try the agent first, then to prompt
>> for a passphrase?
>
> In my experience (trying to do the same thing outside of gnus), gpg is
> generally kind of stupid in this respect ... if you find a way to do
> it, let me know!

Hrm.  According to the documentation I have here, '--use-agent' will
first try to contact the agent, and will then ask for a passphrase if
that fails.

I don't have access to the agent to test, but it seems that it may be
possible to have this accept a passphrase from Gnus as well as trying
the agent.   Just a simple matter of programming -- which is, of course,
easy for me to volunteer the original poster. ;)

     Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: address@hidden