address@hidden: Re: set-frame-position fails]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: Re: set-frame-position fails]
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 04:09:46 -0500

Would someone please debug this and ack?

Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:33:22 +0200
From: Nick Patavalis <address@hidden>
To: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: set-frame-position fails

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 03:43:47AM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Someone suggested that this is not really a bug, just the normal
> behavior of the :user-position frame parameter.

Even when I set the "user-position" frame parameter, I still cannot
move the frame, and have it "stay" at the new position. All the
following fail in the same manner:

  (modify-frame-parameters (selected-frame)
                           '((top . 10)
                             (left . 100)
                             (user-position . t)))

  (modify-frame-parameters (selected-frame)
                           '((top . 10)
                             (left . 100)
                             (user-position . nil)))

  (set-frame-position (selected-frame) 10 100)

Shouldn't one of them work?

/npat

- --
Nick Patavalis            address@hidden