Re: W32 version crashes on C-g

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: W32 version crashes on C-g
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 20:10:09 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden (Kim F. Storm),  address@hidden
> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:15:18 -0500
>
> Like Kim suggested, the INSTALL file could explain exactly how to
> set up this default environment.

Unless I misunderstand what you mean, such an _exact_ explanation is
going to be VERY long, because we will need to explain how to install
GCC/Binutils, and any other tools that are needed, including what to
download, how to unpack, what environment variables to set, how to
avoid conflicts with other packages, how to do that on the several
supported variants of Windows, etc.  Take a look at Lennart's site,
for example, I believe he tried to do just that.

I think it's beyond the scope of nt/INSTALL to include such stuff.  Of
course, volunteers are welcome to try to come up with something
reasonable and send it.

A more realistic goal might be a list of environments that are known
to work for building Emacs, and auxiliary tools to be installed with
each environment.