Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:20:29 +1200

 > > I'm more concerned that it doesn't update properly (perhaps thats what you
 > > alluded to with "post-switch-buffer-hook", but I don't think so):
 >
 > It is a bug in fringe redisplay.  I've installed a fix.

Thanks.

 > I also fixed you use of fringe-indicator-alist to set the buffer local
 > value only, rather than patching the global list.  You should notice
 > that the buffer local value only need to contain the things which are
 > different from the global value.

OK, I see now.

It hard to see the breakpoint icon when its under the overlay arrow or the
hollow overlay arrow over the breakpoint icon because of their small size.

Does the default overlay arrow shape/breakpoint icon have to be only eight
pixels wide?  The default left fringe width is 10 for me, but perhaps that
is due to the font size I'm using (-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120...).

Its slightly easier to see both breakpoint icon and overlay arrow when the
the breakpoint icon is square.  Is there any reason for not having a square
breakpoint icon?

I also think it helps to use grey60 for the disabled face all the time.

Are there any other tricks to make the icons easier to see when they are
coincident?