Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:04:56 +0900

"John S. Yates, Jr." <address@hidden> writes:
> Let us look beyond program debuggers to more universal icons.  Just
> think of every cassette player, cd player, vcr, etc for the past 2
> decades.  A pair of vertical bar is universally recognized as "pause"
> and a solid square as "stop".  Thus I would have no trouble adapting to
> a square signifying the presence of a breakpoint,

A square is obviously pretty generic; it has meaning in the above cases
because of _context_ (the presence of other more recogizable icons
around it), but would be fairly meaningless alone.

The commercial graphical debuggers I've used have all used either a red
circle or a red octagon (== stop sign).

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.