Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:51:36 +1200

 > The commercial graphical debuggers I've used have all used either a red
 > circle or a red octagon (== stop sign).

ISTR Insight uses a square icon for breakpoints.  Incidentally the icon
currently used is an octagon which at 8x8 pixels looks like a circle.
I don't find it ugly, my only reservation is its appearance when the
arrow (=triangle) overlays its.  When the breakpoint is disabled (perhaps
an infrequent combination) I find the two partularly hard to resolve.

For this case of co-incidence, I've thought about changing the colour of the
arrow to that of the underlying breakpoint and omitting the breakpoint icon
altogether, but I'm sure this would be hard to do.

The only other possibility is to make the fringe (temporarily) larger.