Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:23:25 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  > > I don't really know how to put a face on a bitmap but I don't mind if
>  > > someone more familiar with faces wants to play around with it.
>  >
>  > set-fringe-bitmap-face
>
> I can't get this to work e.g
>
> (set-fringe-bitmap-face 'breakpoint 'shadow)
>
> returns nil and does nothing to existing or further breakpoint icons.

That's because the code which puts the breakpoint bitmap in the
left fringe explicitly specifies the face (breakpoint-enabled
or breakpoint-disabled) for the bitmap:

            (gdb-put-string
             nil (1+ start)
             `(left-fringe breakpoint
                           ,(if enabled
                                'breakpoint-enabled
                              'breakpoint-disabled))

> Can it be made to work for standard bitmaps? e.g to make the overlay arrow
> (right-triangle) white (as Miles described).

Did you try it?

However, if you really want to do this, you should define a new
white-overlay-arrow bitmap and give it a white face -- then, when you
know overlay is above a breakpoint bitmap, you could explicitly map
overlay-arrow to white-overlay-arrow in fringe-indicator-alist.