Re: Cannot bootstrap on NetBSD/cobalt

From: Nozomu Ando
Subject: Re: Cannot bootstrap on NetBSD/cobalt
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 01:33:51 +0900

This is continuation of my previous message, which seems not to be
delivered (yet), but archived:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-03/msg00914.html

Today I have installed OpenBSD-3.8/macppc on my spear machine, and
found that the diff for src/s/openbsd.h of the above message is simply
wrong.  But I have no idea about what is the right code.

FYI:
 "-Z" linker option seems to be related to Writable XOR Executable
feature of the OpenBSD, which is introduced since OpenBSD-3.3 or
OpenBSD-3.4.

 They say OpenBSD/pmax has been discontinued after OpenBSD-2.7.

 Emacs CVS HEAD cannot be build on OpenBSD-3.8/macppc (configure fails).

Nozomu Ando