Re: old bootstrap error emerges again

From: Dieter Deyke
Subject: Re: old bootstrap error emerges again
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:52:33 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I think we both are using the same compiler, modulo the version.
> Dieter, what does your compiler say when invoked with --version, and
> what version of the MinGW runtime do you have installed?  Also, did
> any of these change lately on the machine where the problem
> disappeared?

Just to see if the error was caused by my old MinGW-3.1.0-1
installation, I upgraded today to the latest released packages. Now
I'm using the following packages from mingw:

binutils-2.15.91-20040904-1.tar.gz
gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz
gdb-5.2.1-1.exe
mingw-runtime-3.9.tar.gz
mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz
mingw32-make-3.80.0-3.tar.gz
w32api-3.6.tar.gz

and these packages from gnuwin32:

coreutils-5.3.0-bin.zip
coreutils-5.3.0-dep.zip
coreutils-5.3.0-doc.zip
coreutils-5.3.0-src.zip
findutils-4.2.20-2-bin.zip
findutils-4.2.20-2-dep.zip
findutils-4.2.20-2-doc.zip
findutils-4.2.20-2-src.zip
giflib-4.1.4-bin.zip
giflib-4.1.4-dep.zip
giflib-4.1.4-doc.zip
giflib-4.1.4-lib.zip
giflib-4.1.4-src.zip
jpeg-6b-4-bin.zip
jpeg-6b-4-dep.zip
jpeg-6b-4-doc.zip
jpeg-6b-4-lib.zip
jpeg-6b-4-src.zip
libpng-1.2.8-bin.zip
libpng-1.2.8-dep.zip
libpng-1.2.8-doc.zip
libpng-1.2.8-lib.zip
libpng-1.2.8-src.zip
texinfo-4.8-bin.zip
texinfo-4.8-dep.zip
texinfo-4.8-doc.zip
texinfo-4.8-src.zip
tiff-3.8.2-bin.zip
tiff-3.8.2-dep.zip
tiff-3.8.2-doc.zip
tiff-3.8.2-lib.zip
tiff-3.8.2-src.zip
xpm-3.5.1-1-bin.zip
xpm-3.5.1-1-doc.zip
xpm-3.5.1-1-lib.zip
xpm-3.5.1-1-src.zip
zlib-1.2.3-bin.zip
zlib-1.2.3-doc.zip
zlib-1.2.3-lib.zip
zlib-1.2.3-src.zip

All those changes did not affect the error:

In toplevel form:
url/vc-dav.el:29:1:Error: Cannot open doc string file
"c:/Users/deyke/emacs-build/work/etc/DOC"
make[1]: *** [compile-SH] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/deyke/emacs-build/work/lisp'
make: *** [bootstrap-gmake] Error 2

--
Dieter Deyke
mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden