Re: (interactive "GSome prompt: ") on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: (interactive "GSome prompt: ") on w32
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:15:43 +0200

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

It looks to me like (interactive "G...") can not be used to choose a
file name when run from the menus (ie when a dialog box is displayed).

It works for me. Can you please explain in more detail what happens
when you run the following code:

(defun test (filename) "testing"
  (interactive "GFile")
  (message filename))

(define-key menu-bar-file-menu [test]
  '(menu-item "Test" test :help "Testing"))

Thanks for responding, Jason. Sorry, I should have written "can not be used to choose a directory name". I can choose a file but not a directory. Should not that be possible with "G"?