Re: Problem with viper-replace-char and Swedish characters on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Problem with viper-replace-char and Swedish characters on w32
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:58:32 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
(insert (aref (read-key-sequence) 0))
Thanks for the lesson. However it should be (read-key-sequence nil).

Indeed, thank you.

but C-x will still hang because of the C-x 8 prefix in key-translation-map,
and similarly for ESC because of the bindings in function-key-map.
Could key sequences like those produce "readable" characters?

ESC maybe not, but C-x 8 very much so: C-x e ' generates an é

        Stefan
I did not know. I guess you mean C-x 8 ' e. But that actually seems to work with your suggestion above.

Is not key-translation-map used before read-key-sequence can see anything? I do not know at the moment, but it seems logical.