Re: Bug in CVS Emacs frame positioning under X

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug in CVS Emacs frame positioning under X
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 16:38:52 -0400

    I am currently running with this patch installed, and I'm seeing
    completely deterministic frame positioning that accurately
    compenstates for my Type A window manager (FVWM). I will test it
    against twm and mwm.  If others can test it against their favorite WM,
    I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much for workimg on this.
If you have indeed solved this problem, it will
end quite a bit of annoyance.

I await word of others' testing of this patch.

By the way, in GNU we reject the practice of writing "()" after
a function name to say it is a function.  `foo()' isn't the function
`foo', it is a call to `foo' with no arguments.