Re: ignore is bound to <lwindow> but <lwindow> is META

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: ignore is bound to <lwindow> but <lwindow> is META
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:22:28 +0200

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

This is maybe w32 specific, I am not sure.

I have bound <lwindow> to META but `describe-function' says `ignore'
is still bound to <lwindow>. What is wrong? Am I overlooking
something?

What do you mean when you say you bound lwindow to META?
Sorry for my bad wordings. I do something like this:

 (when lwindow-meta
   (setq w32-lwindow-modifier 'meta)
   (setq w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil))

This is in my w32-meta.el (that uses my patch for the low level keyboard hook, but that is another story). Maybe I just ought just to add

    (global-unset-key [(lwindow)])

at least to be more consistent? On the other hand I do not think that Emacs should say that a key is bound to anything if it is used as META. But I am a bit confused here so I appreciate explanations!