Re: hook into window's content flux?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: hook into window's content flux?
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 06:37:15 +0300

> From: Joe Corneli <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue,  4 Apr 2006 21:12:17 -0400 (EDT)
>
> PS. Eli - I did look at the manual's index, or at least part of it;
> the text associated with "Windows" is "Manipulating windows and
> displaying buffers."  I wasn't concerned about manipulating windows or
> displaying buffers, so I gave up at that point.  If the string had
> been "Pretty much everything related to windows" I would have delved
> deeper.  I'm afraid I'm not very good at thinking hierarchically.  I
> should probably have the whole detailed node listing printed out in a
> giant font or something like that.

No, that's not the best way of looking up information in the manual.
The best way is through the `i' command, which searches the index
entries.  It prompts you for a string, where you should type a word or
a partial phrase that to you sound relevant to the issue you are
looking for.  Since you specifically asked about hooks, typing "hooks"
there would be a good start.