Re: AUCTex

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: AUCTex
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:41:45 -0700

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > > Anyway, the main question is: Do AUCTeX maintainers want to
  > > integrate it in Emacs anytime soon? (Or at all?)
  >
  > I answered that question already in the previous post, but you snipped
  > the reply.  AUCTeX is not going to be integrated into Emacs anytime
  > soon due to outstanding copyright assignments, and the process of
  > collecting them is progressing rather slowly.

So what is the way forward for this?
What can be done to improve the situation?

Would distributing AUCTeX like leim was distributed in previous emacs
versions help? (i.e. leim distributed separately, but it could be
unpacked in the emacs source tree and compiled and installed
together). Just an idea...