Re: gpg-agent support removed?! (was: pgg-gpg broken?)

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: gpg-agent support removed?! (was: pgg-gpg broken?)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:11:26 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi *,
>
> after noticing, that the broken mail con suddenly be decrypted again I
> checked the changelog and found this entry:
>
>   2006-04-06  Romain Francoise  <address@hidden>
>
>          * pgg-gpg.el: Sync back with Gnus 5.10, reverting changes that
> add
>          symmetric encryption features and a new asynchronous interface to
>          GnuPG.  This new version is version 1.4, plus whitespace changes.
>
> why was that done?!  And why was it done without any discussion or
> even informing the people involved?!?

I thought all discussions about this were kept on the mailing list?  Maybe
check the ding list, perhaps emacs-devel was removed at some point.

I think we decided to back out Daiki's asynchronous interface, because it
is too much new code and we need to have people use it for a while and
work out the problems (on the Gnus CVS trunk).  Perhaps Romain backed out
more than that?  I think we should revert to the pgg-gpg.el right before
adding Daiki's partial rewrite.  The symmetric stuff, and the more recent
addition of the pgg-gpg-use-agent variable should be fine.

I don't have a workable internet connection, and I'm going away on holiday
tomorrow, so I hope others can help work out the details, or wait 10 days.