Re: default-buffer-file-coding-system on w32 is not -dos

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: default-buffer-file-coding-system on w32 is not -dos
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 00:56:18 +0300

> Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 21:03:41 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> CC:  address@hidden
>
> I tried CVS Emacs from 2004-04-06 (slightly patched).

Is that really 2004-04-06 (i.e. 2 years ago)?  Or is this yesterday's
CVS?

> It says "iso-latin-1". I also tried CVS Emacs from 2006-03-20
> (unpatched). It says the same.

Does that mean that, for you, the current CVS code uses
iso-latin-1-dos for newly-created files?  Or are you saying that both
these versions use Unix-style EOLs?  Because that's what's really
important: whether the default is to create DOS- or Unix-style line
endings; the value of buffer-file-coding-system is just the symptom.
So please tell me whether on your machine new files are created DOS or
Unix style.

I have an old build from 2005-04-17 CVS, which does set
buffer-file-coding-system of new files to iso-latin-1-dos.  But I
don't know when the behavior changed between now and a year ago,
although I have reasons to believe it still worked correctly in
December 2005.