Re: default-buffer-file-coding-system on w32 is not -dos

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: default-buffer-file-coding-system on w32 is not -dos
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 00:29:33 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Is that really 2004-04-06 (i.e. 2 years ago)?  Or is this yesterday's
CVS?
Sorry, typo. 2006-04-06.
It says "iso-latin-1". I also tried CVS Emacs from 2006-03-20
(unpatched). It says the same.

Does that mean that, for you, the current CVS code uses
iso-latin-1-dos for newly-created files?  Or are you saying that both
these versions use Unix-style EOLs?  Because that's what's really
important: whether the default is to create DOS- or Unix-style line
endings; the value of buffer-file-coding-system is just the symptom.
So please tell me whether on your machine new files are created DOS or
Unix style.
1) The indicator on the mode line says ":" when creating the file.
2) The created file as Unix-style line endings
3) When restarting Emacs -Q and opening the file again the mode line says "(Unix)"