Re: Looking up key myself

From: M Jared Finder
Subject: Re: Looking up key myself
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:05:25 -0700

Herbert Euler wrote:
Hello,

When writing my first minor mode, I was told that if I want commands
in this minor mode able to call commands bound to the same key while
this minor mode is not activated, I should lookup key myself.  Following
(info "(elisp)Searching Keymaps"), I write

<snip>

I suggest using minor-mode-overriding-map-alist:

(let ((minor-mode-overriding-map-alist
       `((my-mode . ,(make-sparse-keymap)))))
  (key-binding "a"))

It's much simpler than rewriting key-binding.

  -- MJF