Re: cperl-mode instead of perl-mode? (was Re: perl-mode indent bug)

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: cperl-mode instead of perl-mode? (was Re: perl-mode indent bug)
Date: 12 Apr 2006 08:21:06 -0700

>>>>> "Stuart" == Stuart D Herring <address@hidden> writes:

Randal> (while (let ((pm (rassoc 'perl-mode interpreter-mode-alist)))
Randal> (and pm (setcdr pm 'cperl-mode))))

>> Heh.  Just realized the (and ..) in there is vestigial.  Nothing like
>> posting
>> code to force you to do a code-review about 20 seconds too late.

Stuart> How is that vestigial?  If you've run out of hits, pm will be nil, but
Stuart> because you're still inside the let, the while can't exit.  So you need
Stuart> test pm, use it if it's not nil, and evaluate to nil if it is so the
loop
Stuart> will exit.  So what you have is fine, although I might recommend

Stuart> (let (pm)
Stuart>   (while (setq pm (rassoc ...))
Stuart>     (setcdr pm ...)))

It's vestigial because my brain has parts that aren't linked
to anything else.

Thanks for explaining what I probably figured out originally. :)

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>