Re: Problem report #61

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Problem report #61
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:10:27 -0400

    > 1870            if (current_buffer == prev_buffer
    > 1871                && last_point_position != PT
    > 1872                && NILP (Vdisable_point_adjustment)
    > 1873                && NILP (Vglobal_disable_point_adjustment)
    > 1874                && !already_adjusted)
    >
    > Event uninit_use: Using uninitialized value "prev_modiff"
    > Also see events: [var_decl]
    >
    > 1875              adjust_point_for_property (last_point_position, MODIFF
!=
    > prev_modiff);
    > 1876

    This can only happen if last_point_position at entry to command_loop_1
    isn't equal to (point) at this point (ha) and read_key_sequence returns -1
    the first time through the loop (before already_adjusted is set).  Maybe
    some nasty filter or timer could cause this?  If so, should probably start
    with already_adjusted set to 1 so as to avoid random extra adjusts.  If
    not, no bug.

I think this cannot really fail, because if prev_modiff has not been set,
then prev_buffer hasn't been set either, which means it is NULL,
which means it does not equal current_buffer.

But it is easy enough to initialize prev_modiff.  I will.