Re: cursor-type as bar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: cursor-type as bar
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:38:38 -0400

    The problem is that the current code expects the cursor to be drawn
    inside a single "character cell".  Consequently, to distribute a bar
    cursor of width > 1 evenly between two cells requires non-trivial
    changes to the redisplay code (and the changes must be made to each of
    the X, w32, mac ports).

    IMO, we shall not do anything about it before the release.

I agree, but could you please add a TODO item?
This is a serious drawback to the bar cursor.