Re: emacs-Xtra

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: emacs-Xtra
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:40:20 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> I think the all the documentation for VC should be in one manual.
>
> I agree.  And the same goes for Calendar.

Just to comment that the Calendar manual has never (AFAIK) been in one
place. The stuff that is in the xtra manual at present used to be in
the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual (which doesn't make much sense as a
home to me) for years.

So putting it all in the main manual (since it's already been
established previously that it should not all be removed from there)
would mean that the introduction of emacs-xtra would have the effect
of _increasing_ the size of the main manual in this area, the opposite
of the intent. Yay.