Re: emacs-Xtra

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-Xtra
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:43:05 +0300

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:40:27 -0400
>
> On 13 Apr 2006, address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Emacs User Manual Vol 1: Basics
> > Emacs User Manual Vol 2: Advanced Features
>
> Why not just volumes 1 and 2, like the ELisp reference manual?

Dividing the manual into 2 volumes doesn't solve the problem which is
the main cause for trying to keep the manual's size down.  The main
cause is that a larger manual increases the price of printing the
books, and thus makes it harder for the FSF to publish new versions.
(I'm guessing that publishing 2 volumes will increase the price even
more.)

So we need to find a solution that makes the _printed_ manuals
smaller.  Dividing into two volumes doesn't help.