Re: PURESIZE increased (again)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PURESIZE increased (again)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:18:38 +0300

> Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:07:59 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Judging by "cvs log", BASE_PURESIZE went up by 100,000 since last
> October, whereas before that it kept its value for 2 years without any
> changes.  Perhaps we should consider each such change more carefully.

For that matter, could someone (Richard?) tell what are the thumb
rules for estimating the required value of SYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA
(other than by trial and error)?  Will the combined size of
system-specific *.el/*.elc files loaded by loadup.el be a good start,
or are there any additional bits to take into consideration?

(I'm asking because I suspect that the value of SYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA
could be exaggerated as well, at least on Windows.)