Re: Max-specpdl-size Bug in Emacs Lisp Interpreter?

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Max-specpdl-size Bug in Emacs Lisp Interpreter?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:20:09 +0800

From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
To: "Herbert Euler" <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:41:59 -0400

    Oh, no response.

Don't be so quick to say "no response"!
I responded yesterday.

You have to give TIME for people to respond.

Opps, I'm sorry.  But the mailing list is too slow, since I read the
first reply 3 days after my first post.  And I'm not used to this.
If one asks a simple problem or an important problem, one will get
response within an hour.  Compare these two different reacting
time, I conclude that

   1. Nobody is interesting at this topic.
   2. Nobody knows about it.
   3. Everybody is too busy to read, so they may want to return
     it later.
   4. The one knows about it thinks it's not a problem.
   5. Developers are working for it background.

Because I see that even thread posted after mine is replied, I can
disable case 3.  So it's only possible that the case is 1, 2, 4 or 5.  But
if a fresh man to Emacs (that's me) can understand the source code,
this problem isn't difficult, case 1 and 2 is apparently false.  So the
only true case is 4 or 5.  Three days is long enough for these two
cases, that's why I say "no response".

Besides, there are really lots of threads got no reply in this list (for
example, http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-04/msg00458.html ,
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-03/msg00879.html ,
and http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-03/msg00397.html ).
I don't know if whoever will return to those topics, or if they've been
solved.  Perhaps Emacs developers know about it.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu