Re: address@hidden: grep-tree doesn't shell-quote-argument]

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: address@hidden: grep-tree doesn't shell-quote-argument]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:52:28 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Strike the complexity.  Use of a prefix arg to make it possible to
> post-edit the command is, IMO, a good idea.

It is a _nice_ idea, but I'm not sure it is a _good_ idea.

Using the prefix arg for this purpose takes away the simple way to
select the "old behaviour" shortcut (which Eli suggested as the way to
go).

One thing we could (should?) do is to enter the final command from
non-C-u usage into the grep-find-history, so it would be easily
accessible (for tweaking) on a subsequent use of C-u M-x grep-find
in case the first run didn't give the desired results.

>                                              Quite often one wants to
> start a command that is almost, but not quite, like the default
> recipe.

So tweak the grep-find-command-template instead...