Re: PURESIZE increased (again)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PURESIZE increased (again)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:50:54 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Reiner Steib <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:51:38 +0200
>
> >> I see only 1198536 bytes (1877040 on 64bit).
> >
> > And I see 1102088 in a GNU/Linux build without X.  I doubt that adding
> > X could bump it by 100K bytes.
>
> FWIW, I saw the following message when building with the current
> sources (some minor local changes) today on 64bit ...
>
> ,----
> | Dumping under names emacs and emacs-22.0.50.1
> | emacs:0:Pure Lisp storage overflow (approx. 2155304 bytes needed)
> | 5504 pure bytes used

This has nothing to do with PURESIZE, it's the ridiculously low number
5504 that is the problem.  (Note that, on a 64-bit host, 2155304 is
well within the limits of BASE_PURESIZE enlarged by PURESIZE_RATIO.)

How come you only have 5504 bytes of space in the pure[] array?  Is
this during the first stage of bootstrap perhaps?  If so, please look
at the last "Dumping under names ..." message near the end of the
build, it's that one that's important.  (I imagine you already know
that.)