Re: pop-to-buffer does not change input focus

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: pop-to-buffer does not change input focus
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:06:17 -0400

> Reading the code of Fdisplay_buffer, it seem to me that it ends up
> calling Fraise_frame which calls Fmake_frame_visible. So maybe theses
> functions has a problem. This is what I see:

I think this is all OK: display-buffer is not supposed to select the
corresponding window/frame.
But in Fpop_to_buffer, we call Fselect_window on the window just displayed
by Fdisplay_buffer and *that* should cause the input focus to be set.

> BTW, are raise-frame and make-frame-visible supposed to give input focus
> to the frame?

Not that I know.

> The doc strings say nothing. And what is really the difference between
> these two functions?

A frame's visibility can be "invisible", "iconified", or "visible", and
make-frame-visible only influences this.  So it doesn't raise the frame.

        Stefan