Re: Continued development during release process

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Continued development during release process
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:10:18 -0400

> I want to keep people's attention focused on the release until the
> release actually comes out.  So I will not relegate the coming release
> 22 to a branch when pretesting starts.

> If we reach a late stage of pretesting where there are few bugs, and
> mostly waiting for a few specific people to fix them, maybe I will
> move 22 to a branch then.

I just take this opportunity to make sure that you won't forget to make
a branch for Emacs-22 at some point.  It can be at the moment when we cut
the release, but no later.  The branch will be used for 22.2, 22.3, ...

You probably knew that, but even very bright people have been known to
forget it,

        Stefan