Re: mem leak

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: mem leak
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:15:38 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> (garbage-collect)
>
> Reclaim storage for Lisp objects no longer needed.
> Garbage collection happens automatically if you cons more than
> `gc-cons-threshold' bytes of Lisp data since previous garbage collection.
> However, if there was overflow in pure space, `garbage-collect'
> returns nil, because real GC can't be done.

That seems to answer my question -- when I do (garbage-collect), it
returns nil!!!!!  If it's not GCing... :-O

I guess pure space overflowed when I built emacs and I didn't notice
(even with all the recent discussion :-).

Thanks,

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I