Re: address@hidden: grep-tree doesn't shell-quote-argument]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: address@hidden: grep-tree doesn't shell-quote-argument]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:43:19 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Actually GNU grep can search in subdirectories -- use "grep -r".
>>
>> If the "most obscure excuse for Emacs not being helpful" contest is
>> now officially open, I could try to come up with some entries of my
>> own.
>
> Eh?  I just thought Kim might like to know...

Well, if you post this publicly to the Emacs developer list as a
retort to Kim, it appears like you want to argue that searches in
subdirectories need not be accommodated by Emacs.

Assuming you are on-topic on emacs-devel: Emacs is not just used with
GNU grep, and GNU grep having an accidental option available that does
part of the job (it does not exclude version control directories) if
you use a command line the hard way is, well...