Re: add generic toggle, turn on, and turn off commands to Options menu

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: add generic toggle, turn on, and turn off commands to Options menu
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:51:33 -0400

    I wonder if you misunderstood what I wrote or I misunderstand what you
    wrote. My proposal (for after the release) was to add a _generic_ toggle
    menu item, usable for any binary option.

I think I did not read far enough to get to that part.
When a message is long, I read the beginning to see what it is about,
and based on that I decide whether I need to read the rest.
(So it is important to put the main point in the beginning.)

I don't like the idea of a generic toggle menu item.
I don't think that is a helpful UI.  I don't have time to
discuss it, though.