Re: address@hidden: grep-tree doesn't shell-quote-argument]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: address@hidden: grep-tree doesn't shell-quote-argument]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:16:12 +0200

> We can consider changes like this after the release.

Not really, since it does not make sense to introduce a separate
grep-tree in a single release, only to fold it into grep-find
afterwards.

It is exactly _now_ that we have to consider this change, since it is
too late after the release: by then we will _have_ introduced new
functionality under a new name.

Whether or not we finally agree on the change (and pretty much
everybody except you appears to consider it an improvement), we can
sensibly _consider_ it only _before_ the release.  Because otherwise
the release will _introduce_ grep-tree for the first time.