Re: Getting the click position in a string

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Getting the click position in a string
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:32:44 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> Am I wrong here?

I think I answered that... (answer: yes)

> On another tangent, is this change ok?  For implementing follow-link,
> I need to take a look at the follow-link binding in the keymap of a
> click, not the binding of the click itself.

Looks ok to me.
> Incidentally, this function looks faulty: it should search the keymap
> _and_ the local-map property (in _that_ order) instead of searching at
> most one of the two, even if that search would fail.

I think the rationale is that one assumes that a user would only add
either a keymap or a local-map property -- but in any case, it should
look for the keymap property before the local-map property.

But it seems easy to fix it to DTRT.

> Apart from fixing it and adding an optional key argument, is help.el
> the right place for it?

For what?