memory consumption with pure-space-overflow (was: mem leak)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: memory consumption with pure-space-overflow (was: mem leak)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:44:40 +0200

On Mon, Apr 24 2006, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     Is there any reason _not_ to make the build fail in this case?
>
> Yes.  Sometimes pure space overflow is due to a bug.  The best way to
> investigate it is to look inside the dumped Emacs.  If overflow made
> the build fail, you'd have to edit puresize.h before you could debug.

I noticed an enormous memory consumption of emacs, but I didn't notice
the warning during compilation for a long time and I have
`inhibit-splash-screen' set to t.

Shouldn't we add an appropriate `display-warning' in `startup.el' if
`pure-space-overflow' is t even if `inhibit-splash-screen' it t?
And/or add a "sleep ..." in the Makefile in this case.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)