Re: cmake emacs mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: cmake emacs mode
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:01:45 +0900

"Stuart D. Herring" <address@hidden> writes:
> Moreover, this mode (aside from the indenting) looks to be extremely
> simple; you might be able to get away with making it a derived major mode
> (from Fundamental mode, probably; see `define-derived-mode') or even a
> generic mode (see `define-generic-mode').  Might make it less trouble to
> keep up with.

Yeah, I've found `define-generic-mode' to be very helpful for my own
language modes:  it makes font-locking and basic mode definition details
almost trivial, and usually doesn't get in the way of adding additional
functionality.

I think it really deserves more attention than it seems to get
(is d-g-m more or less compatible between Emacs 21 and 22?).

[Now if only there was a similarly easy way to define an indentation
engine... :-]

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)