Re: re-builder highlighting incorrect for more than 3 groupings

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: re-builder highlighting incorrect for more than 3 groupings
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 03:07:05 +0200

On 4/29/06, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

In "normal" mode you would have to settle on an appropriate strategy
anyway when there are more than nine subexpressions.

Yes. By definition any limit is arbitrary. However, in my limited
experience, three subexpressions is way too little. It doesn't take a
very complex regexp to go over three subexps.

On the other hand,
in sub-expression mode one face is all you need - you could use say

(face-name (format "reb-match-%d" (if subexp 1 i)))

in `reb-update-overlays'.

I like using different faces in subexpression mode...

--
                   /L/e/k/t/u