PHP mode in Emacs?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: PHP mode in Emacs?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:30:40 +0200

This is probably something that's been asked a lot, but I can't seem
to find the answer.

Are there any plans to include a PHP mode in Emacs?  Googling around
finds a couple of these modes, one of which is based on mmm-mode.  I
can't find any recent developments, though.

mmm-mode is something that allows you to run several major modes in
one buffer, apparently.  Languages like PHP are tricky to write major
modes for, because they mix HTML and PHP in the same buffer.

So what's up?  If none of the existing modes are appropriate for
inclusion, I might be tempted to have a go at it.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen