Re: PHP mode in Emacs?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: PHP mode in Emacs?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:49:12 +0200

Nic <address@hidden> writes:

> It is a *really* difficult task because it's not just mixing PHP code
> and HTML. PHP can also be used to generate other content types.

Like CSS and Javascript.

> For example, generating XML is quite trivial. So it's not just a case
> of making a mode that has PHP syntax support _and_ HTML support.

No, it's a more general problem -- file formats that mix many types of
languages.

mmm-mode does this, and has been around for ages, but it's not
included in either Emacs or XEmacs.  Has mmm-mode been considered, but
found wanting, or is there something else wrong with the idea?

(I haven't acually looked at the mmm code.)

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen