Re: play-sound-file & esd

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: play-sound-file & esd
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 12:03:55 +0200

Sam Steingold skrev:
* Richard Stallman <address@hidden> [2006-04-28 23:50:23 -0400]:

    when esd is running, play-sound-file fails:

I think what is needed is to make play-sound-file work with esd.
Can you find out the specs for communicating with esd?

package esound-devel on fc5 contains
        /usr/include/esd.h
and
        /usr/share/aclocal/esd.m4

No, I do not volunteer for this task.

It does not fail for me with Fedora Core 5. Are you using ALSA drivers, if not, can you try with them instead? Also, I seem to recall that esd will be replaced with GStreamer in the future, so making Emacs use esd may not be worth the effort.

        Jan D.