Re: re-builder highlighting incorrect for more than 3 groupings

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: re-builder highlighting incorrect for more than 3 groupings
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 12:17:09 +0200

On 5/2/06, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

The cycling patch was not reducing the number of distinct colors:
there never was a proposal to add more _distinct_ colors to the
standard scheme.

That's what "no apparent good whatsoever" is about: just defining more
faces in a cyclic fashion does not change the appearance in any way.

And do you honestly think I was proposing to add more faces and not
make them distinct from the ones already existing?

If the colors are the same anyway, there is no point in
attaining that effect in a more verbose manner.

Sure. But to my eyes, it seems like you're fighting a strawman.

So what?  You have not given _any_ kind of rationale where this third
condition would in any way be affected.

No. And I've not claimed to. I was just wondering. And from my wording
I think that was quite clear. Perhaps just not to you. I think that
tends to happen a lot every time you and I discuss something. Must be
some kind of failure to communicate on my part.

Users can define more colors
if they really want to.

Thanks for pointing that out, I would've never thought of it.

--
                   /L/e/k/t/u