Re: A few questions about desktop.el

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: A few questions about desktop.el
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:06:52 -0700 (PDT)

>> there could be a customization option to
>> disable Desktop if you refuse to re-load the file.
>
> A not-loaded hook, as I proposed, would serve the same function and be
> a bit more general, I think.

It seems to me that
(add-hook 'desktop-not-loaded-hook (lambda () (setq desktop-save nil)))
...would be cumbersome (especially for non-Lispy users).  Is there any
other use for such a hook (maybe `kill-emacs'? ;), or would it be just as
good to have the customization option I suggested?  Or instead to ask,
when the user chooses to honor a lock, whether to then disable Desktop?

Davis

shipping.