CC loads CL - Is this still happening to anybody?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: CC loads CL - Is this still happening to anybody?
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:01:41 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, Emacs!

For quite some time, people have been reporting that CC Mode loads the
cl- libraries (cl-extra, cl-seq, ...) with no greater provocation than
"M-x c-mode".

I've just spent an entire wretched day trying to reproduce this,
repeatedly byte-compiling the cc-files.el in different orders,
continually restarting Emacs-22 -Q, and invoking my own God in my own
way.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.  Yet, at the same time, I'm not
convinced the problem has gone away - I don't truly, inwardly feel that
it actually has gone away.  It is like a Werewolf, lurking in the
shadows waiting to pounce.

I haven't tried rebuilding my Emacs from scratch, because this takes over
5 hours on my PC.  However, I suspect that the building process has
something to do with the bug.  Would somebody who has recently built
Emacs PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME:  Has the building process
actually produced the file .../lisp/progmodes/cc-fonts.elc?

Is anybody still experiencing this problem (i.e. CC Mode causing cl-
libraries to be loaded at run time)?  A recipe for reproducing the bug
would be welcome indeed.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

--
Alan.