Re: should search ring contain duplicates?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: should search ring contain duplicates?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 17:07:43 +0200

> I am not interested in considering such a complex proposal.

There is nothing complex about it (with the latest add-to-history)
version.

> Please let's not spend time discussing it.

Is it better to spend the time on finding and fixing bugs like this, when
people copy/paste code ?? :

        (when (> (length regexp-search-ring) regexp-search-ring-max)
          (setcdr (nthcdr (1- search-ring-max) regexp-search-ring) nil)))

There are many places where this would be useful!

:-(