Re: easy-menu-add - arg MAP not used

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: easy-menu-add - arg MAP not used
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 17:31:40 -0400

> I just tried to use the MAP argument in `easy-menu-add'. The MAP argument
> did not work as I though.  And it is not mentioned in the doc string.  It is
> even not used in the code as far as I can see. Should it not be used?

> BTW what I wanted to do was to add a menu defined the easy-menu style as
> a submenu.

Easymenu.el was written specifically to make it possible to write menus that
work both under XEmacs and Emacs, even though some of the underlying
primitives are quite different (e.g. XEmacs menus aren't stored in keymaps).

So the easy-menu-add MAP is expected to be used together with the
easy-menu-define MAPS (Emacs ignores the one in easy-menu-add, while XEmacs
ignores the one in easy-menu-define).

        Stefan